Find a Korean version of this letter here.
Letter from Vietnam Tourism Chairman, Feb. 25, 2020
- Tourism Departments; Culture, Sports and Tourism Departments,
- Culture, Information, Sports and Tourism Departments,
- Tourism Businesses Nationwide.
Following the Prime Minister's instruction at the Directive No. 10/CT-TTg, dated 25 of February, 2020 on promoting prevention and control of COVID-19, Vietnam National Administration of Tourism proposes tourism management departments, tourism businesses nationwide will immediately deploy the following tasks:
1. Closely monitor the situation of the disease COVID-19 taking place in Korea and some markets sending tourists to Vietnam, recommend international tourism businesses to suspend the organization of bringing tourist groups to Daegu city, Gyeongsangbuk-do province and epidemic areas, restricted access areas as announced by the local authorities and the Vietnamese Government, do not welcome tourists from these epidemic areas into Vietnam.
2. Informing Vietnamese counterparts, businesses and tourists of the 14-day quarantine of visitors travelling through or from Daegu city, Gyeongsangbuk-do province and any other affected areas in South Korea.
3. Tourism businesses, accommodation establishments and tourism service businesses in the course of carrying out their business should pay attention to the prevention and control of COVID-19 disease, strictly follow the instructions of the Ministry of Health, ensuring absolute safety for travellers and workers. If detecting cases of suspected infection, it is necessary to actively coordinate with local medical establishments in isolation according to the procedures and instructions of the Ministry of Health.
The Vietnam National Administration of Tourism requires local tourism management agencies and tourism businesses nationwide to regularly update the situation and strictly abide by the regulations of the Government and the Ministry of Health on the prevention of COVID- 19 to ensure a safe travel business environment.
NGUYEN TRUNG KHANH
MINISTRY OF CULTURE, SPORTS AND TOURISM VIETNAM NATIONAL ADMINISTRATION OF TOURISM
80 Quan Su Street, Hoan Kiem District, Ha Noi, Viet Nam